Football season is officially here with the Little Caesars Bowl this Saturday night. After a few action packed weekends, this weekend will allow spectators to sit back and relax at high school football or the free movie night being sponsored by the City of Burgin.
- Jarrod Stratton at Lemons Mill Brewery (166 Marimon Avenue). 7–10 p.m. Food by High Mountain BBQ will provide food Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 22–24. (859) 265-0872 or Facebook—Lemons Mill Brewery.
- The Kentucky State History and Genealogy Conference at the Mercer County Public Library (109 W. Lexington Ave.) 9:30 a.m to 5 p.m. mcplib.info
- Kids’ Science Saturday at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (3501 Lexington Road). 1-800-734-5611 or shakervillageky.org. Admission $5 to $14, depending on age. Event included in price of admission.
- The Triple Farm and Agriculture Swap at the Triple Cross Cowboy Church Area (1250 Industry Road). 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Mercer County Farmers’ Market at Mercer County Fairgrounds (560 Linden Avenue). 9 a.m.–1 p.m. 734-4378.
- The Kentucky State History and Genealogy Conference at the Mercer County Public Library (109 West Lexington Avenue). 9:30 a.m to 5 p.m. Contact info above.
- Pickers & Grinners at Kentucky Fudge Company (225 South Main Street). 10 a.m. 733-0088. Facebook—kentuckyfudgecompany.
- “Prose and Poetry for Pets” reading at Harrodsburg Harvest Coffee (113 East Office). 1 p.m.
- Relay for Life at the First Baptist Church (1570 North Danville Bypass, Danville). 5 p.m. (859) 319-7612.
- Mercer County Senior High Little Caesars Bowl. Alvis Johnson Field (371 East Lexington Street). Boyle versus Iroquois at 5 p.m. and Mercer versus West Carter at 8 p.m.
- Open Mic Night. Studio G (223 South Main Street). 7 p.m. 734-4394. Facebook—studio [email protected].
- McAfee Jamboree (163 Dunn Lane). Live country music starts 7 p.m. Doors open 6 p.m. $10 (Ages 10 and under free). (859) 265-0962 or Facebook—McAfee Jamboree & Auctions.
- “Secret Life of Pets” at City of Burgin free family movie night (200 Main Street, Burgin). 8:30 p.m.
- Mercer County Farmers’ Market at Mercer County Fairgrounds (560 Linden Avenue). Wednesday, Aug. 28, 3–6 p.m. 734-4378.
Something we missed? Email an event to be included in the Weekender to [email protected].