Ralph A. Culp, Sr., 87, of Burgin, widower of Lois Culp died Sunday, March 11, 2012 at his residence.
Born Oct. 7, 1924 in Johnstown, Penn., he was the son of the late Lloyd Victor and Louise Ann Moss Culp. He was a retired Supervisor of Nurses at the U.S. Narcotic Hospital in Lexington, former owner of the Dix Dam Boat Dock and a member of the Christian Missionary Alliance Church in Lexington. He was a World War II U.S. Army Veteran and was awarded the Asiatic Pacific Theater Ribbon with Three Bronze Stars.
He is survived by three sons, Ralph A. (Evelyn B.) Culp Jr. of Burgin, Timothy (Tina) Culp of Burgin and John (Connie) Culp of Petersburg; one brother, William (Betty) Culp of Belfonte, Penn., six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.