Drop Everything and Read
• Friday, April 12, join in Drop Everything and Read (DEAR) at 10 a.m. The library will host refreshments in the gallery from 9:30 to 10 a.m. followed by a “Read In” in which everyone in the library will spend time reading. Those who can’t make it to the library, can read at 10 a.m. and send the picture or video to the library.
Other Events at MCPL:
• Sunday, April 14, Coffee Rings and Scribbled Things Writers’ Circle-1:30-2:30 p.m.
• Sunday, April 14, An Afternoon with Jemima Boone: A Chautauqua Performance Featuring Betsy Smith at 2:30p.m in the meeting room.
• Monday, April 15, Music Monday at 6 p.m. in the meeting room and will feature local artist Brian Moffett performing Appalachian music.
• Tuesday, April 16, Storytime Easter Celebration at 11 a.m in the meeting room Ms. Short will host an Easter Celebration for all story groups.
• Saturday, April 20, Family Fun Day from 1-4 p.m in the meeting room and will include board games, prizes, and coloring. Snacks are provided.
• Tuesday, April 23, Lunch Bunch Book Club at noon in the meeting room This month the book club will discuss Sue Henry’s novel “The Serpents Trail.”
• Thursday, April 25, Couponing Club at 2 p.m in the meeting room. The library will provide coupons collected and encourage others to bring coupons to share.
• Friday, April 26, Friday Family Flicks at 7 p.m in the meeting room.
• Sunday, April 2, performance titled “Roscoe Tarleton Goose,” at 2:30 p.m. in the meeting room. Eddie Price will present Roscoe Tarleton Goose, one of the most famous Kentucky jockeys to have ever raced and won.
Weekly Events throughout the Month of April
• Children’s Storytimes with Ms. Short in the children’s activity room
• Pretty Important Preschoolers (ages 3-5 yrs.) Tuesdays at 11 a.m.
• Terrific Toddlers (ages 18 mos.-2yrs) Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
• Baby Bounce (ages newborn-18 mos.) Will be starting back up on Thursday, March 14, at 11:30 a.m.
All programs are free and open to the public. The library is wheelchair accessible. Other auxiliary aids for library use will be provided when requested in advance.