Candidate Forum On May 10
Primary Election On May 17
In case the election signs popping up like daffodils weren’t a giveaway, the election season is upon us. The 2022 Mercer County Primary Election Political Candidate Forum will take place on Tuesday May 10, starting 6:30 p.m. at Lions Park Community Center (450 East Factory Street, Harrodsburg).
The following candidates have been invited to participate:
• Constable District 3, Jonathan M. Holliday and Brian Hassall.
• Magistrate District 1, Albert Moore, Stephen “Pete” Elliott and Teresa Butler.
• Magistrate District 2, Tim Darland and Benjamin J. Perry.
• Magistrate District 4, George Jones and Susan Thompson Barrington.
• Magistrate District 5, Michael Rothaker and Kevin Hicks.
• County Judge Executive, Scott Moseley, James C. Record, Sarah Gray Steele and Danny D. Holliday.
• State Representative 55th District, Kim King and Tony L. Wheatley.
• District Court Judge District 50, Patrick F. Barasotti, Stacy Elizabeth Coontz and Christopher Reed.
Candidates will answer questions provided by the local Democratic and Republican Party Chairs prior to the forum. Citizens may submit questions for consideration to Neila Monroe at NVMonroe@att.net and Roxanna Parks at MercerEMS701@hotmail.com no later than Saturday, April 30. No questions will be taken from the audience on the night of the forum.
Voters may attend in person or listen on WHBN 1420 AM, 99.5 FM, and/or on the web at hometownlive.net, and on Facebook from April Ellis of the Harrodsburg Herald, who will also serve as timekeeper. David Best of BestSoundAround will provide sound equipment.
Sponsors include the Harrodsburg Herald, Hometown Radio, BestSoundAround and the local Democratic and Republican Parties.
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about the candidates before voting in the 2022 Primary Election, which will be held on Tuesday, May 17. The polls will be open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The deadline to register to vote in the primary is Monday, April 18, no later than 4 p.m.
The deadline to register to vote in the general election is Tuesday, Oct. 11.
The general election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
2022 Mercer County Primary Election Political Candidate Forum
Tuesday May 10, 6:30 p.m.
Lions Park Community Center
450 East Factory Street, Harrodsburg