Weekender July 8–15: Mercer County Week At Shaker Village, Friday Night On Main And More
Weekender For July 8–15
Independence Day is over but there’s still plenty to do this week. Mercer County continues at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill this week and Harrodsburg First is hosting Friday Night On Main.
During Mercer County week, residents can visit Shakertown free of charge until Sunday, July 11.
Admission includes full access to the historic centre, the rarm and the preserve, with a full day of self-guided and staff-led tours, talks, hands-on activities, farm experiences and more. Visit seasonal exhibits, tour historic buildings and hike over 30 miles of nature trails.
County residents with a valid ID may attend daily programs and exhibits at no cost. Take a look at the listings below to see what Shakertown has planned for this week.
Andrea Gross will headline Friday Night On Main on Friday, July 9. The music starts at 7 p.m. but there will also be food, beer and crafts.
All events are free unless stated otherwise.
Friday, July 9
• Picnic In The Park. Live music by Ol’ ElkHorn Pickers Club. Noon. Old Fort Harrod State (100 South College Street). 859-734-3314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friday Night On Main. Live music by Andrea Gross, food and crafts. 6-10 p.m. (music starts 7 p.m.) Olde Towne Park on Main Street. downtownharrodsburg.com.
• Music on the Lawn featuring Scott Collins. 6:30 p.m. Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (3501 Lexington Road). 859-734-5411 or shakervillageky.org.
• Live music by Larry Sanders and the Borderline Band at Alexander Royalty Funeral Home (304 East Lexington Street). 7-9 p.m.
Saturday, July 10
• Mercer Farmers Market. 9:30 a.m. Stable at Mercer County Fairgrounds (560 Linden Avenue). Facebook: Mercer County Farmers Market.
• Kids Science Saturday at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (3501 Lexington Road). Explore science outside the Carpenter’s Shop, free with admission. 10 a.m.–2 p.m. 859-734-5411 or shakervillageky.org.
• Horse show at Pioneer Saddle Club (344 Shewmaker Lane). Starts 6 p.m. Facebook: Pioneer Saddle Club.
• Music on the Lawn featuring Dean Phelps. 6:30 p.m. Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (3501 Lexington Road). 859-734-5411 or shakervillageky.org.
• McAfee Jamboree. Live music by Billy Keith, Dana Frondal, Jeff Watson, David Holden, Larry Todd and William Marshall starts 7 p.m. (doors open 6 p.m.) 163 Dunn Lane. Facebook: McAfee Jamboree.
• Live music by H30 at Casa Grande (145 Collin Drive). 7:30–10:30 p.m. 859-613-5669 or casagrandeky.com.
• Owl Prowl Night Hike at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (3501 Lexington Road). Learn all about owls after dark. 9–10 p.m. $15, $10 for annual passholders. 859-734-5411 or shakervillageky.org.
• Trivia at Lemons Mill Brewery (166 Marimon Avenue). Food by Captain Franks. Sunday, July 11. Starts at 5 p.m. 859-325-6960 or Facebook: Lemons Mill Brewery.
• Taco Cruzday at Auto Kustoms. Food by the Combination Food Truck. Tuesday, July 13. 5 p.m. 123 South Chiles Street. Facebook: Auto Kustoms.
• Mercer Farmers Market. Wednesday, July 14, 2-5 p.m. Stable at Mercer County Fairgrounds (560 Linden Avenue). Facebook: Mercer County Farmers Market.
• Newport Aquarium Animal Ambassador at Mercer County Public Library (109 West Lexington Street). Thursday, July 15, 1 p.m. www.mcplib.info or 859-734-3680.
• Live music by Sean Caudill at Lemons Mill Brewery (166 Marimon Avenue). Food by Piggin’ Out. Thursday, July 15. Music starts 7 p.m. (doors open 5 p.m.) 859-325-6960 or Facebook: Lemons Mill Brewery.
Email Weekender listings to email@example.com.