The Christmas season is upon us once again. Celebrate the holidays with this guide to some of the best festivities Mercer County has to offer.
• Salvisa Christmas Parade. 6:30 on Thursday, Dec. 1. Main Street.
• Salvisa Ruritan Santa Shuffle 5K/10K run. 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. Main Street. Entry fee: $30.
For more information about Salvisa Christmas events, call 613-2333 or visit salvisaruritan.org.
• Anniversary Sale at Salvisa Gift Shop. Saturday, Dec. 3. 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. 400 Main St. For more information, visit salvisastation.com.
• The Season’s Simple Gifts Christmas Parade. Parade 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2. Parade starts at former Harrodsburg High School building and runs down East Lexington Street to Main Street. For more information, call 734-4394.
• 25th annual Christmas Tea Room at the Harrodsburg Historical Society (220 S. Chiles St.) Friday, Dec. 2, 11 a.m.–2 p.m., and Saturday, Dec. 3, 11 a.m.–5 p.m. For more information, call 734-5985 or visit harrodsburghistorical.com.
• 25th annual Holiday Homes Tour. 1-7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. Tour begins at Harrodsburg Historical Society (220 S. Chiles St.) Cost: adults-$15, seniors and groups of 20 or more-$11.
For more information, call 734-5985, 749-2485 or 1-800-355-9192. Or visit harrodsburghistorical.com.
• Breakfast with Santa. 8:30 a.m.–11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, at Harrodsburg Christian Church (305 S. Main St.).
Cost: $5 per person. Free for children three-years-old or younger. For more information, call 734-3224.
• Burgin Christmas Parade. 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. Main Street. Participants assemble at Ash-Dan Estates before the parade. For more information, call Burgin City Hall, 734-5220.
To learn more, subscribe to The Harrodsburg Herald or pick up this week’s issue…